Event Photographer - REVEL Mt. Charleston Marathon & Half
Category: Photography Date: April 6, 2024 Location: 89124 Hours: 6 Pay: $250 # Positions Available: 2 out of 10
REVEL Mt. Charleston Marathon is seeking photographers for April 6, 2024 in the Las Vegas, Nevada area to shoot participants at various locations along the event route.
Each photographer will be assigned a timeline with a location to shoot on the course. See course map here: https://www.runrevel.com/rmc/course
Shifts may report as early as 4:00am and as late as 7am. Expect up to 6 hours of shooting and drive time.(may be shorter shift, times are subject to change)
Photographers must provide their own transportation and camera. We will provide the SD/CF card. Payment will be given at the end of your shift on race day.
*Applicants without a portfolio or a link to examples of their work will not be considered.
Category: Road Crew Date: June 30, 2024 Location: Mesa, AZ Hours: 8-12 per day for five (5) days Pay: Dependent on experience # Positions Available: 12 out of 12
The Special Event Road Crew position is supervised by the Race Director with support from the Events Organizers, who will be present at all events. This is NOT a full time position but a position that is filled during our event weeks. Typically the time period for this position is either Wednesday-Sunday for a Saturday event or Thursday-Monday for a Sunday event.
Under direction, carefully load and unload all exhibits, assets, and equipment from semi truck and trailers. Position all exhibits, assets and equipment under the direction of the Race Directors and/or other Event staff. Set up and take down the fencing perimeter and pop-up tents at each event. Strictly follow safety guidelines to maintain safe working conditions for all team members as well as the integrity of all exhibits, assets, and equipment. Under direction, provide set up and take down of equipment and assets along a certified marathon route
- Ability to lift and carry up to 60lbs - Availability for weekend events, early mornings and late afternoons/evenings - Punctuality and reliability - Follows directions; eager to learn systems - Must have own transportation (to get to and from airport/office) and Valid Drivers License - Experience driving box trucks up to 26 ft a plus - Preferred: experience with events, moving furniture, warehouse stocking, exhibit/trade show installations, inventory management, physical labor
- Paid transportation and lodging as you travel to different states throughout the US as we put on marathon events - Daily per diem for food and drinks - Opportunity to work with a wide range of people from all over the United States! - Experience the full, fast-paced style of event life!
*This can be an all expense paid visit to another city that you may have not been to before, it is hard physical work but very rewarding. Come work hard with us as we travel all over the Western United States!
Please email to email@example.com if you are interested.
Brooksee is a dynamic entrepreneurial-minded company with a dual focus on technology and running events. We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a background in mechanical and electrical devices to bring to market our race timing technology. You will design manufacturing specifications and processes, analyze reliability and quality issues, design and develop fixtures, and liason with contract manufacturers.
- Analyzing root cause manufacturing-related issues.
- 3D CAD
- PCB Design
- A strong work ethic with ability to complete projects largely on your own.
Bonus Skills (you will likely learn these on the job if you don't know them yet):
- Linux/Command line
- Scripting for automation
This job is for on-site work in our offices in Pleasant Grove, UT. Travel to work with contract manufacturers will be required.
This position is open to any level. Brooksee values a strong work ethic and creativity over experience and educational level. Competitive salary based on experience.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Race Timing Assistant
Job Title: Race Timing Assistant
Location: Southern Utah and surrounding areas
Job Type: Seasonal Part-Time
Brooksee is on the lookout for an enthusiastic and detail-focused Race Timing Assistant to be part of our dynamic team. In this role, you'll play a pivotal part in timing various endurance races and offering essential technical support during these events. Ideal candidates are proactive, quick to pick up new skills, and tech-savvy.
Opportunities for growth include advancement to Race Timing Captain and Lead Race Timer roles.
- Assist in timing and scoring for endurance races.
- Set up, monitor, and dismantle timing equipment in line with event schedules.
- Collaborate with race directors to ensure seamless timing processes.
- Offer on-site technical support, including efficient troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Manage, organize, and accurately record timing data and results.
- Contribute to course preparation and dismantling when necessary.
- Support overall race day operations and logistics.
- Proven ability in problem-solving and technical troubleshooting.
- Comfort with technology and a willingness to learn new systems.
- A passion for endurance sports (running, cycling, triathlons, etc.).
- Team player with the flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Availability to work on weekends and holidays.
No prior race timing experience is necessary. However, a background in technical support, event management, or active involvement in endurance sports will be advantageous.
We invite motivated individuals keen to learn and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic setting to apply for this exciting role at Brooksee.
Based in Pleasant Grove, UT, Brooksee is a rapidly growing company specializing in marathons, half-marathons, and other endurance events across the western United States. Notable events include the Revel Race Series, The Portland Marathon, The Mesa Marathon, and the Las Vegas Marathon.
In addition to organizing our own events, we offer race timing and event management services for third-party races. Our team comprises skilled engineers and software developers who work alongside our field timers to deliver top-tier race timing services. With cutting-edge technology, we ensure accurate and reliable timing, complemented by our commitment to exceptional customer service.
Our ethos is grounded in integrity, teamwork, and innovation, driving us to create memorable experiences for participants and clients. Whether you're an experienced athlete or a newcomer to the field, we aim to make every event a celebration of achievement and community.
Join us in our journey to inspire and empower through endurance sports.
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Brooksee is always looking for talented people to join our crew. Send us your resume and tell us why we should hire you and for what position.