There are no current event labor tasks available. Please check back later.
Business Development (Event Expansion) Specialist
Brooksee is a fast-growing endurance event company committed to elevating the event experience for endurance athletes. We own and operate the REVEL Race Series, the Portland Marathon, and the Mesa Marathon (previously the Phoenix Marathon).
We are seeking a Business Development (Event Expansion) Specialist to join our talented team of event professionals. This individual will be expected to generate new opportunities for Brooksee by creating brand new races and/or acquiring existing events. Although some traditional event management duties will be required, the primary role of this position will be to generate new business through the creation of new events.
This is a full-time position for on-site work in our offices in Pleasant Grove, UT. Compensation is negotiable depending on qualifications. Applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- -Identify new cities, courses, and venues for new racing events to expand Brooksee’s event portfolio
- -Work with governmental and private stakeholders to secure permits for new events
- -Work with stakeholders to create initial operations plan for new events
- -Create partnerships with potential sponsors, vendors, and contractors for new events
- -Establish budget for new events and work with operations team to achieve budget goals
- -Identify potential new revenue streams and work with team to bring them to fruition
- -Execute traditional race production operations including, but not limited to, traffic control planning, law enforcement liaison, barricade contracting, medical operations, etc.
- -Effective communication, presenting, and writing skills
- -Excellent relationship / interpersonal skills
- -Ability to multi-task while dealing with crucial deadlines
- -Efficient and organized to ensure all tasks are met on a daily basis
- -Travel to all Brooksee events
- -Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- -Positive attitude, commitment to succeed, and willingness to go above and beyond
- -Strong leadership and management skills
- -Ability to establish relationships with permitting stakeholders
- -Ability to create solutions to issues presented by stakeholders
- -Knowledge of, and experience in, endurance event industry
- -Prior experience in Race Directing, Business Development, or Sales preferred
- -Endurance athlete preferred
Brooksee is a fast-growing endurance event company committed to elevating the event experience for endurance athletes. We currently operate the REVEL Race Series with 4 marathons and half marathons across the U.S., as well as the Portland Marathon and the Mesa Marathon.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our talented team. Potential candidates should excel in all aspects of graphic design and should have a strong passion for branding. This is the perfect job for the graphic artist that enjoys the active lifestyle industry.
This is a full-time position for on-site work in our offices in Pleasant Grove, UT. Applicants should email their resume and a link to a portfolio demonstrating their work to email@example.com.
-Email and online marketing
-Social Media management
-Apparel design (shirts, shorts, socks, hoodies, hats, etc.)
-Environmental design for professional events and trade shows
-Race start and finish area signage & displays
-Banners and billboards
-Posters, postcards, brochures and race guides
In addition to the designing duties listed above, this position may include tasks such as coordinating marketing efforts and performing other duties as assigned. The successful applicant will be expected to travel multiple times per year to assist in event production.
-Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred
-Social media management experience preferred
-Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent)
-Layout, typography, and color theory
-Strong understanding of print production, proofing, and asset management
-Effective communication, presenting, and writing skills
-Working knowledge of CSS/HTML
-Functional knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media platforms
-Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
-Positive attitude, commitment to succeed, and willingness to go above and beyond
-Endurance athlete preferred
-Videography and editing
-SEO and Google analytics
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: Dependent on experience
Don’t see the position you’re looking for?
Brooksee is always looking for talented people to join our crew. Send us your resume and tell us why we should hire you and for what position.